The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowships Fund
Scholarships are offered annually and aim to stimulate international dialogue and understanding. They are intended to contribute to covering costs related to research stays abroad for selected graduates, primarily University of Oslo PhD-candidates within the areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Education and Theology.
Applications will be considered by the UiO SYLFF Steering Committee and grants are made on the basis of documented academic quality/merit, leadership qualities and achievements, and an appropriate goal, plan and budget.
SYLFF scholarship selection criteria 2020
Priority will be given to candidates at the PhD level. The application must be submitted in English language.
The application must contain the following:
– Well formulated and presented application
– Excellent project – briefly presented/summarized
– International focus of content and activities
– Academic and social leadership qualities described (CV, including documented work experience/results)
– Funds to be used for relevant stay abroad, must clearly support the research project goals
– Relevant and sober budget, up to NOK 50 000,- , clearly presented (NB: accompanying family cannot be supported)
– Recommendation letters (i. e. from supervisor, international host supervisor)
– Confirmation of admission/visit from receiving institution (where relevant)
– Statement of willingness to identify as a UiO SYLFF-Fellow and to participate in building UiO’s SYLFF-Fellows Network during and after the funding period.
Please note that by providing a statement of willingness to identify as a UiO SYLFF-Fellow you will be requested to provide additional personal data (post address, e-mail address and phone number) upon being awarded a scholarship. This data will be made available for The Tokyo Foundation as a part of building UiO’s SYLFF-Fellows Network. The data is also used in order to provide current and past Fellows information about scholarship opportunities, as well as alumni arrangements and SYLFF-conferences, etc. This is a requirement only for those who are awarded a scholarship and it is not a general requirement when submitting an application.
The application deadline is 1 December
Click here to be transferred to the fund’s application form.
For more information about SYLFF please visit the following web pages:
The University of Oslo Sasakawa Young Leaders Scholarship Fund (SYLFF)
The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund is aware of the great uncertainty regarding international travel due to the ongoing pandemic caused by Covid-19. Interested applicants are nevertheless encouraged to submit applications. The Sasakawa fund will arrange for an open dialogue with its scholarship recipients and facilitate for extended deadlines in cases where recipients experience delays in their planned activities.